Sunday, March 13, 2011

Becoming Bansky

On Monday our class participated in the becoming Banksy project. To be honest I was slightly concerned when Ms. Hasson first assigned it but when she became so incredibly excited about it then that's when I became excited too. Jono and I immediately came up with our idea and it wasn't too complicated with supplies. Our idea was to write out the word TENURE in big letters in caution tape on the walls in the elevator near our classroom in the AC building. We didn't have to go too early to school to set up but it was a little awkward while we were setting it up. The maintenance guy came into the elevator while we were beginning to set it up so we had to wait til he went out of the elevator. I think we rode up and down about 10 times. About five minutes after we set it up the maintenance guy came back and took it all down. As we walked around to each persons art the ideas were cooler and cooler. All of the arguments were great and I agreed with them all. My favorite I think was the ones in the parking lot with the extra spots and also the staff spots changed to also student spots. This project as a whole was awesome, it was a really fun handson project to do. I'm also so glad our teacher did not get in trouble since it caused such a stir around campus.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sad you and Jono's got taken down. I think it was a really cool idea. It was simple, but it would have really stated something, you know? I was so sad when I heard it was taken down. Just know the idea was totally legit and appreciated, even if it wasn't seen for very long.

    ReplyDelete